Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Clinton VS. Obama

Well after watching the Super Tuesday returns last night and staying up long enough to see Clinton (I will not refer to her as Hillary. I think it is disrespectful.) take California I am no closer to my primary decision. I am just glad that for the first time in years Texas gets to help make the decision in the democratic primary.

I am not one to make decisions on emotion like I did in my twenties and thirties. I actually try to review the facts and make an informed decision now, especially in this important election year.

I listen to Clinton's ideas and attention to detail (which many bash her for) and I see a president who will leave nothing to chance. I listen to Obama's passion and try to shoot holes in is message for lack of substance and find that he too has a solid plan. And this is why I am torn.

I care less about the historical significance of this nomination (and it is amazing!) but more about how to get back to the prosperity and peace we all once enjoyed not to long ago. I see Obama as a true change agent for good and I feel an obligation to Clinton because I remember the life I enjoyed when her family had the reins in the 1990's.

The good news is we can't go wrong with either choice.

No comments: